20060809

No 8:12 train this morning

Got screwed by DART today.

Every day to work, I take the red line from St. Paul to Arapaho. Then I take the 571 bus from Arapaho which takes me right by my office. Since the bus runs every 30-45 minutes in the morning, I have to time which train I take so I don't stand around waiting for the bus. Today, as usual, I was going to take the 8:12 from St. Paul.

Well today, it didn't show. At all. It wasn't late. It wasn't early. Just nothing until the 8:22am Red Line showed up.

I get to Arapaho just in time to watch the 571 bus leave the station. The next bus wasn't leaving for 45 minutes, so I had to walk it to work. Given the heat at 9am, I arrived at my desk drenched in my own sweat.

The DART website doesn't have any rider alerts for the red line. Will I get screwed again tomorrow? I have no clue.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened since I started my new job. Taking the train already adds maybe an hour onto my commute a day (over driving). I may not buy a September monthly pass.

No comments: